As with most Recovery programs, Depression is similar in that there are 12 things we need to recognize and be aware of as we begin the healing from depression.
Always Remember there is HOPE!
- Admit that I am powerless over depression and that my life has become unmanageable.
- Believe that God can restore me to sanity.
- Decide to turn my will and my life over to the care of God Almighty.
- Inventory Myself – identify why I feel the way I feel.
- Admit to God, another person and myself the exact nature of my wrongs.
- Choose to let God remove my shortcomings.
- Ask – humbly ask God to remove my shortcomings.
- Make a List of all the people I have harmed and become willing to make a mends to each of them.
- Make amends to the people on my list wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continue Personal Inventory and promptly admit whenever I am wrong.
- Seek God – Through prayer and meditation, seek to improve my relationship with God. Pray for the knowledge of His will for me and the power to carry it out in every day life.
- Share with others – Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, I will try to carry the message to others and to practice these principles throughout my every day life.
Join Us Each Thursday Evening at 6:30pm CST. We meet in the House of HOPE Building at Hilldale Baptist Church located at 113 Maxwell Drive in Clarksville Tennessee. Together we can fight the battle against depression!
If you would like more information regarding the HOPE Depression Support Group please fill out the requested information below.